Saturday, 15 September 2012

Day One of Juice and Raw Cleanse


Day three of sugar free and day one of my juice & raw detox.

Last night I made myself a 'goodbye solid foods' sugar free date and coconut pudding, which even after cutting out half the dates was still just a bit too sweet, however totally delicious!

So far it has been a good experience, spent the morning walking our dog with friends, and then off to the organic market to purchase lots of kale and fruit. I had a soy chai with honey, an organic orange juice and stole some salad of mixed lettuce, cabbage, carrot and onion with seeds, off my boys plate. Whilst my dining partners enjoyed more delicious food, including vegan donuts that they claimed were amazing - I told myself they were lying.

Had a few organic strawberries on the way home to the juicer. When I arrive I made myself a 'welcome to 3 days of hell' juice. Organic kale, strawberries, orange, broccoli, green apples, celery and ginger.

Second juice of the day was beetroot, kale, celery, apple, strawberries, carrot and broccoli, yum! Nothing but a very dull barely noticeable headache and a constantly full bladder.

Third juice of the day was beetroot, apple, ginger, strawberries, broccoli and kale and I made a 'soup' juice, which had sweet potato, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, oregano and basil plus some salt and pepper, which I heated slightly before eating with a spoon - it wasn't the most delicious thing I've ever 'eaten' but it gave me the feeling of sitting down for a meal.

Tonight was pretty bearable, I made fresh chai tea, with a splash of soy milk and honey, which was so good, even my chai-hating partner had a cup!

Wish me luck!

Elo x

No comments:

Post a Comment