Monday, 24 September 2012

Recipe: Sweet Potato Brownies



























I had originally thought that I dreamt up the idea of sweet potato brownies... but apparently not. Never-the-less, I still managed to put my own spin on the recipe I found on eHow.com.


1/4 cup of water
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of non-dairy butter or coconut oil, melted.
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1 3/4 cup of flour
1 3/4 cup of mashed/pureed sweet potato (I roasted mine, and needed less sugar!)
1/2 - 1 cup of sugar (I would recommend less than a cup)
9 tablespoons of cocoa powder (feel free to add more!)

Step One
Pre-heat over to 160 degrees celcius

Step Two
Combine all the dry ingredients.

Step Three
Combine all the wet ingredients - except the sweet potato

Step Four
Add the sweet potato and mix well - the mixture is very thick so use your muscles to work it together.

Step Five
Press into a tray making sure that it's pressed into all the corners, it won't rise or change so make it look pretty. Throw it in the oven for 20 - 35 minutes and your done!

What is your favourite indulgent dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment