Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Day Four of Juice and Raw Cleanse

So today is day 4, which I had originally said would be the day I ate cooked food, however I feel like my body needs one more day. I would love to continue on for a week or more, but I made breakfast plans with a friend weeks ago for tomorrow morning. Who knows, maybe I'll eat my breakfast and go back to juicing.

Today my body is sore and I have a bit of a headache, it is also my first day at university since beginning this juice cleanse so hopefully it won't be too tough.

I started the day with the usual, warm water with lemon and a green tea with organic honey and lemon. My first juice of the day was dandelion greens, kale, beetroot, parsley, mint, ginger, celery, cabbage, cucumber, broccoli, carrot, orange, apple, pineapple with a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar - really yummy with a slight bitterness that doesn't really phase me (but could easily be overcome with another fruit or some honey).

My second and third juice of the day (double batch) was kale, dandelion greens, broccoli, apple, orange, pineapple, beetroot, strawberries, celery, mint, parsley, cucumber and cabbage. I threw that in 2 glass jars and headed off for university.

I arrived home feeling pretty shit, which as surprising. I had a nap, a green tea with organic honey and a salad of red cabbage, red onion, carrot and mixed lettuce with chia seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and linseeds with a dressing of soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, organic honey and balsamic vinegar.

My fourth juice of the day was orange, green apple, pineapple, cabbage, dandelion greens, beetroot, broccoli, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley & mint - after which I had to help my partner cook his dinner... painful seeming that I will be eating tomorrow and really, what difference will a few hours make... but I am staying strong and planning tomorrows meals.

Goodnight!

Elo x

No comments:

Post a Comment