Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Post-Juice and Raw Cleanse

Today is my first day back on foods other than vegetables, fruit, raw nuts and seeds, and I have to say I'm nervous!

I have been sitting here looking at my protein shake for 10 minutes and I just can't bring myself to drink it - yes I know my body most definitely needs it right now, but it's not green and doesn't have the zingy fresh delicious smell I have become to accustom to! I also have my raw muesli soaking in almond and rice milk, which is also giving me goosebumps, I am not a fan of processed food anymore, almost to the point that I am terrified! I guess it doesn't help that I watched 'Forks Over Knives' last night... my brain is in super-duper-healthy mode! Hopefully the sight of my favourite brunch, Balinese Black Rice Pudding with Salted Coconut Milk and Mango, from 'Twenty and Six Espresso' in North Melbourne will change my mind. (Even writing that made my mouth water a little.)

I'm sure a lot of you have watched 'Forks Over Knives' before, and if you haven't, do it. It's a refreshing look into the health benefits of veganism (or plant-based diet as those who don't want to sound like crazy hippies call it).


Overall the juice/raw cleanse was enjoyable - I really wish I didn't have to stop! As my first experience with juice fasting I did go easy on myself, by including raw fruits, vegetables and nuts and next time I do it, I will commit to just juice all the way! (Which will hopefully be soon!) No, I didn't lose any weight but I feel lighter, skinny and just better overall! I will be continuing a daily juice, with lots of green vegetables, as I feel more nourished and really enjoy the sense that my body has adequate nutrients. If you are thinking about trying a juice cleanse, I fully recommend it, not only will you feel healthier, but look healthier! My skin is glowing and is so soft and smooth I can't stop touching it!

Hopefully I can bring myself to dig into my breakfast soon!


Elo  x

No comments:

Post a Comment