Sunday, 16 September 2012

Day Two of Juice and Raw Cleanse

Woke up 2 kilos lighter (water weight) and still feeling pretty good. I had a cup of homemade chai with a splash of soy and organic honey then I had my first juice of the day: Kale, Broccoli, Mint, Celery, Cabbage, Green Apples, Ginger, Lemon & Mandarin - I was actually really palatable, despite being made up of mostly vegetables, celery and cabbage do have quite a strong taste, but the mint marries with them nicely.

I headed for the city with my dog, Evie, for an Oscar's Law Rally - so many dogs! There was a vegan cupcake and sausage stand, which killed me. I was glad I bought a mandarin to chew on (and share with Evie) or else I may have gone insane!

I came home and (quickly!) made my second juice: Kale, broccoli, celery, cabbage, green apple, orange, mandarin, beetroot, carrot and lemon. Really nice and refreshing, wish I put some mint in, or even less fruit next time!

As a late lunch I made myself a salad of mixed lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, raw sunflower seeds and raw pumpkin seeds with a dressing of olive oil, sesame oil and balsamic vinegar (which could be replaced with any citrus juice) - super yummy!  I also had my last cup of homemade chai with soy milk and honey.

For dinner I had the same salad, except lemon instead of balsamic, plus a little organic honey and red onion. Then I had my third juice of the day, green apple, orange, celery, mint, carrot, broccoli, kale, cabbage, ginger and cucumber - really good! I made it quite minty so it was really refreshing plus a great mix seeming it had only 1 orange and 1 apple in it!

Fourth juice of the day was kale, green apples. orange, mint, ginger, cabbage, cucumber and strawberries!

Fifth and final juice of the day was kale, green apple, orange, mandarin, broccoli, cucumber, mint and ginger - plus I ate a handful of mixed raw seeds and almonds.

I have no headache or any other withdrawal/detox symptoms which I can't decide is a good thing or a bad thing.. I mean the whole idea of detox symptoms is that your body is expelling toxins and therefore you feel like shit.. however if I don't feel like shit then does that mean my body isn't detoxifying?

I'm thinking of extending my 3 day juice and raw food cleanse into a 5 day juice and raw food cleanse followed by a 5 day juice fast and then back onto a 5 day juice and raw food cleanse. Which is apparently a better system to use. However, I would really like to get back to cooked foods and not feeling restricted - which for me is the most hated feeling!

Off to bed for me!

Elo x

No comments:

Post a Comment