Friday, 11 January 2013

Happy New Year!

New years resolutions, do you make them?

Mine have always been similar, my family had a tradition of sitting around on new years eve morning and talking about our resolutions and writing them down, along with 10 things we were thankful for. However, now that I am no longer under the family roof the new years eve tradition has fallen by the way side, I tried to reignite it with my boy Isaac, but he is more of a doer rather than a thinker.

I guess I have always talked about doing things rather than doing them.. however my most successful resolution was in 2010 when I vowed to stop procrastinating and just do what I wanted to do, it involved cutting off a lot of my hair and being a wild child.

 This years resolutions are somewhat similar...

1. Stop biting my nails, a horrible habit that I have been doing since I grew teeth, it's been 20 years too long!

2. Get a job, I would like to spend my life volunteering but that won't help pay the bills and if I want to own a house in the next few years I should probably get one, I just love the student lifestyle far too much.

3. Improve physical and mental health. This is a big one for me, 2012 brought about a lot of change in both these, but mostly my mental health.

4. Become more nutritionally conscious. I am getting there, but I would still like to learn even more! I hope being a science student will help with my understanding of it all.

5. Read 26 books. I want to read more, and here is the magic number.

6. Start doing yoga, this one is going to help with so many things, mostly my mental and physical health, but specifically my hormones and anxiety. Plus I am the most inflexible person ever, I can only reach my shins when I bend over.

7. Get (& stay) organised! This one has already been started, with a massive clean up of our bedroom, purged a lot of things and freed up a lot of space. (It also helps that I am a little manic at the moment.)

8. Be creative everyday. Mostly drawing and painting, but writing also counts, I want to expand on my hobbies!

9. Make the switch to eco-friendly vegan products! This is a major one for me, I want to make my own products that are natural and stay far, far away from harsh chemicals all whilst sticking to my super tight starving student budget!

10. Make a difference in the world. Through random acts of kindness and my consciously going out of my way to be a better person.

Seem achievable? Lets hope so!

I'd really just like to become more calm and leave less of a mark on the planet, and sing more, but that is a whole other story!

 What are your new years resolutions? Any that sound similar to mine? Ditching any bad habits for good ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment